Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"The Final Countdown" as performed by Europe

It is now T-minus 7 days until I will be pulling out of Salt Lake City in an over sized U-haul and making an ever fateful voyage to Seattle. Since I have an over abundance of time on my hands, I have been trying to work in a number of things I wanted to do before leaving the state:
1) Saying goodbye to Provo. Or one could call it saying goodbye to my college days. There was a gallery stroll so I was able to say so long to a lot of people. Some people weren't so sad about my leaving town:


Then afterwards, per Justin's request, we went to Red Robin. I ordered a Bruschetta sandwich, but they weren't serving tomatoes due to the salmonella but the server failed to tell me. Thanks server. Anyways, the company was still good!



2) Lagoon. This place is child's play when compared to Six Flags, but nonetheless, it was still something that needed to be done for saying goodbye. They have a childish version of the River Rapids, and I got soaked!


3) Kanye West and N.E.R.D. AMAZING!!!! So, this isn't a Utah exclusive event, but who could resist such musical geniuses. The only bad thing was that there was a no cameras allowed rule. L.A.M.E. So my only proof is my ticket stub, my souvenier shirts and this picture right before the magic:


4) I may be going on the Fun Bus to Wendover...that is a big maybe. As much as I love BINGO on buses and all-you-can-eat buffets, my sleep has overruled all lately.

5) My "See You Later, Alligator!" party this Friday. I am having a BBQ/Dance Party in my 2-car garage. I thought I would put it to some use before I leave and I will be having a couple of bands there too. All is invited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh yes, Wendover! I have pleasant memories of our last trip. Something about the combined smell of stale cigarettes and the buffet bar that pull at my heartstrings. Not to mention the old people smoking with their oxygen tubes feeding quarters in the slot machines.

Love ya, Dad

Stacy said...

I love your blog! You are hilarious! My blog is private, but email me and I'll send you an invite. I can't believe you're on your way to Seattle. That's awesome! economicgeek@hotmail.com