Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Exuberent.

Today I woke up on the other side of my bed, happy. It was a great feeling. I can't really say that I wake up excited for the work day all that often. If you know me at all, then you are completely aware of the fact that I am far from a morning person. The mean teller at the DMV could not even bring me down off of this high. Maybe its the weather? Maybe its the vitamins? Maybe its the countdown to Texas? All I know is that I love today. Thank you Mika.

Things that make me smile:

1) The beginning and the end of freeways.
2) Old men's jackets and hats.
3) A song simultaneously coming on at the perfect moment.
4) Funny conversations
5) The Post Office tiling (think bald eagle)
6) People waiting in line at the DMV
7) Thinking you are lost and winding up in the right place
8) Unpilfered trail mix
9) Phone calls from old friends, telling me they are moving to Seattle.
10) New friends.

The rest of DC was a blast. I made a lot of new friends in my Baltimore hostel. Coming back to Seattle was kind of a drag, but it worked out. Life has been full of its challenges these last couple of weeks, but it is getting better. I wish I could live blog like Austin, so I could post all the funny things I see.

Later.

1 comment:

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

i love that. all that. you. and that.