Saturday, February 21, 2009

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his Name-o

Something that most people gather about me within the first minutes of meeting me: I am a 75-year-old trapped in a 20-something's body. Sometimes I even freak myself out with how much I have in common with them: Pyrex, K-Mart, Bingo, I even make comments like, "Kids these days...", I am also notoriously known for leaving Friday night parties at 10:30 pm due to exhaustion from all the excitement... Who does that? 

So needless to say, I fit in nicely at a Bingo hall. I mean 12 bucks buys you hours of fun! Unlike most people there, I am not there to win (though I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be excited if I won). I am there to simply match numbers and get to dab paper. If anyone has played real Bingo before, then you are aware that the money is in electronic bingo, which I think is the cheater's way to win. It's most certainly not fun....it's all in the DABBING I tell you! There is just a simple euphoric pleasure that arises from matching the letters in the numbers. It's the same excitement you experienced as a kid, which is probably why Bingo is still so popular.

Anyways, I simply wanted to comment on this matter, and don't be surprised if the next time you see me, I am sporting this little number:


What? They are all the rage these days.... Bingo = High Fashion. 

No comments: