Friday, March 27, 2009

Making cents out of dollars

I went to the grocery store earlier this evening to pick up items for making cupcakes. I returned home only to realize that I forgot a key ingredient, cupcake holders. So as I returned to the store, there was a man outside selling the local co-op like newspaper called, "The Real Change." Every now and then I like to contribute to this program where people are trying to earnestly earn a living. I left the store with dollar in hand, ready to pay him, but he had already left. 

There I was, walking home with this dollar in hand. I was trying to figure out what to do with it. I had already decided that I didn't want it, and I knew that I couldn't just hand it to anyone, because most people would be offended of such an act. So, I decided to place it in a bush on the corner in front of the homeless youth clinic near my house. I hope that this makes someone night or day...depending on when they find it...

For the record. I don't miss this dollar. In fact, I relish in the idea that this will make someone happier more than it would ever make me, after all, I was already giving it away anyways. 

2 comments:

katie j said...

Way to be, Erin!

I have also forgotten the cupcake holders after spending an hour at the grocery store and then returning home. Makes you want to say "Grrrr".

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

i had a dream this happened to me last night.